Friday, August 29, 2008

Missing you.



My teddy bear hammy Corner, who passed last november. I miss my little hammy. Corner was so sweet and calm, and unless he's digging in his food bowl or playing on the wheel, you can always find him in the corner. :) He was also the biggest scaredy cat, I think he was traumatized by the caretakers when he was at the pet store. It took him long to trust us, even the slightest movement would set off his fright and he would make five spins around his house.









~ ~ ~ ~ ~ <3>





My first hammy, the wise Blobbi. He was just a little blob when I got him for my brother's birthday present. He passed in July 2006, and being so devastated with his loss, I brought Corner home a couple months later. Blobbi was a wildchild, a great escape artist. I had to pile five thick hardcover textbooks on top of his house so he couldn't get out. I had to learn the hard way that one, two, three, or four wasn't enough. Sometimes we don't even realize he's gone, til he's suddenly next to us. One night he escaped and ran upstairs to my brother and sat on top his head. My brother got so alarmed and immediately turned on the lights to find Blobbi's round black eyes staring at him with his two arms in the air. :D




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those furballs are SO cute! I'm sorry they're gone now.. I was just reminiscing about my lil fishy that only survived 9 days when I got him last winter. Clearly I am a horrible fish-parent. I would love to get another one but I'm afraid I would kill it too.. I think I will wait til my boyfriend finally decides we are ready to get a puppy! (or rather, when he is ready.. I am ready right now) I don't know how well our landlord would like that but I want one so badly!

THE SANDY DOG BAKERY said...

such cute pictures!! my daughter had a hamster, but has now moved on to a rat! she loves him!! i'm still a little freaked out by him. :)