Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Yum and DONE

Larsens Farm {double mat + frame}

I spent some of yesterday cutting mats and framing. And I probably always say this after I frame something and while it's fresh in my mind- but, my hats off to those who frame their creations themselves!
The bulk of the time was spent trying to straighten/stretch the linen so that the stitches are in alignment with the mat. I had to re-do it like 15 times, literally. It's still crooked, but I suppose that's the best I can do. But I do, I do love the frame and the double mat. Cutting mats and framing are not my specialty and never will be, but nevertheless I will continue to do it cause I can and I am a poor college student.

Brightneedle - Larsen's Farm. {double mat and framed}
Brightneedle "Larsen's Farm" double mat and framed


I made vietnamese spring rolls again! This time for my grandma- it was her first time trying it and *drumroll* she liked it!

Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Vietnamese Spring Rolls

4 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Oh Grace, your framing and mating are perfect! I love everything about it - you did a great job! Your spring rolls look gorgeous - too pretty to eat!

Siobhán said...

You are so talented!! I wish I could do my own framing. Everything looks wonderful--including the food!

grace said...

Thank you for the compliments. It makes me feel a lot better, cause I've been greatly bummed with the outcome. I guess I should stop looking for mistakes and just enjoy it :)

Andrea said...

our finishing and framing are just lovely.