Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"I'm an Animal"

"I'm an Animal"
Haha. Yes. I'm in a group show at the Black Maria Gallery (3137 Glendale Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90039-1805) If you live close-by, come and enjoy~
Opening night is this Friday, January 15, 2010 at 7:00PM ~ 10:30PM
It ends on Saturday, February 13, 2010


“YOU COULD SAY IT’S MY INSTINCT
YES I STILL HAVE ONE
I DON’T SECOND GUESS IT”

-“I’m an Animal” Neko Case 2008

As the new decade begins it seems time to stop in the forest, stick our wet noses in the air and try to sense what’s approaching. Guest curator Aaron Smith says it’s a group of female artists that are moving fast, bringing with them imagery that is beastly and beautiful, funny and ferocious.

Sarah Williamson, Mashanda Scott, Nicole Adee Dreyfuss, Connie Wong, Grace Kim, Brianna Harden, Saejean Oh, Alisha Amirkhanian, Shannon Freshwater and Daniaelle Simonsen are the young women who create work that is fearlessly candid and filled with the beauty and danger of nature.

Aaron Smith is a painter who has mounted several solo exhibitions in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York, with reviews in the Los Angeles Times, Art Ltd. and the Chicago Sun Times among others. He attended Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California where he is now an Associate Chair and was the first Artist in Residence at the J. Paul Getty Museum.

1 comment:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What FUN! Good luck, Grace. I wish I lived nearby so I could come and cheer you on. Break a leg, kid!