Thursday, March 26, 2009

Redecoration!

Its almost 3 am and I'm so energetic! Can't seem to fall asleep so I will write about my day.
We finally got the sofa! Well not quite, but we've made our pick. Woot Woot! It's a dark chocolate leather sectional and I'm uber excited! It's not completely my taste but hey~ its sturdy, functional, and within budget. It's very simple and the cushion is firm and superb. It's being made right now so we are to expect it in late May. And the salesperson at Macy*s was SO cute and nice, I just love her! Just thinking about her makes me smile.
I love updating the house, even though it's property of my parents. I just like to think of it as mine, well I did claim most of it, hahahaha ;) I'm gonna miss our sofa now as it's been in our family for 10 years, but now it must be put at peace. Our house is slowly being updated as the budget allows and can I tell you I'm so glad to say adieu. Well I'll leave it at bittersweet.

And my dad said we can get a new bookcase! My mom and I found the perfect one at Ikea. We are going to check it out again this Friday. I normally don't like modern or boxy furniture because I find it cold and impersonal, I'm more of the traditional crown molding gal, and I found one with molding on slightly antique/distressed dark wood! I think I'm in love with it but who knows what the second impression will bring.

No comments: