Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yet another new project

I am known for starting new projects before completing the previous one(s), but I just couldn't refrain myself from buying a new x-stitch pattern. I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail :) It's not an easy thing to find a pattern that I absolutely love... but that is exactly what happened. i j u s t s i m p l y cannot WAIT!

In the meantime I'm still trying to finish stitching a pattern from Paula Vaughan's 'Quilts for all Seasons'. I was anticipating to finish it in December 2008 but it just got buried with all the school projects. I shall post pictures soon!



I'm craving this macaroni salad I made a couple weeks ago. It's so colorful and yummy with kiwi, apple, carrots, potatoes, red onion, and macaroni! For the sauce I ground up kiwi + apple and mixed it into light mayonnaise and added a splash of lime.
It's really simple to make and the freshness just explodes in your mouth.

I cooked the pasta more than al dente because when the pasta becomes cold it'll naturally become more firm. Then I diced apples, kiwi, carrots, potatoes, and red onions. I let the onions sit in a bath of water to mellow the flavor and boiled the potatoes until I got the perfect firmness, and blanched the carrots. For the sauce I took half and apple and 1.5 kiwis and blended it with just a bit of light mayo with a squeeze of lime and seasoned it with salt and pepper. Toss the macaroni and the fruit and veggies in the sauce and voila. Store in a airtight container and enjoy as a simple snack during the day. :)

No comments: