Thursday, May 28, 2009

Brightneedle - Dollhouse

Brightneedle - Doll house WIP

I know I said I'd be finished with brightneedle's dollhouse a couple weeks ago, but that hasn't happened. I have completed a bit more than this photo shows- I think I'm about 3 hours from finish. I can't wait until it's completely finished, the only problem is... I don't feel like stitching it at the moment! I bought a board for the mat, which is a mauvish color, and I think it'll go well with the stitching along with a deep brown frame I picked out. I am partial to frames with molding- I really love the extra detail and character it brings to the piece.

In the meantime I got started on Little House Needleworks' "The Sampler Lady". I am enjoying working on it cause it's much smaller in scale compared to the dollhouse. And I can actually see a good amount of progression within 30 minutes. I shall post pictures of it soon~

Ciao! Have a wonderful evening!!

3 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

The doll house is awesome, Grace. You are almost there; great job!!!! Looking forward to the grand finish with mat and frame, I know it'll be fantastic!

Andrea said...

Beautiful, I'm sure you could spare just the 3 hours more to complete. :) It will look stunning.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The dollhouse will be stunning! SO CLOSE! And your right LHN patterns fly!