Monday, August 17, 2009

Wonderful weekend~

cross stitch rainbow
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
I had a wonderful one myself! On Friday I had a movie night with Elizabeth. We watched a Korean movie, 과속스캔들 (Speed Scandal) while eating rotisserie chicken, frozen yogurt and chomping on kettle popcorn. An interesting combination I know. My friends and I have this thing where we must eat salty/savory after something sweet and vice versa.
Speed Scandal was a really cute comedic movie especially with Wang Seok Hyun. He's such an adorable baby actor!


After the movie we were just talking. It was dark when we started and by the end of the conversation the sun was up and shining. My head was pounding/ringing from not getting any sleep, but it was so much fun! I think it was the first time we actually talked through the night.

Saturday was spent re-cooperating from the previous night of no sleep. I finally managed to get up during the early evening and decided cut my hair. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing, but I really needed a haircut! Now it's shoulder length, layered with bangs! It's definitely something different but I have mixed feelings about the haircut. I hope it'll grow on me soon.

Cooking

Today I played with Elizabeth again. We made Pad-see-ew (Thai food) and it was pretty good. Since we're always cooking together, we're gonna start compiling our recipes and make a cook book and eventually a cooking blog. Tomorrow we're gonna make lemon madeleines with our friend Shanna. :)

Helen Bells Multiplication Table

And I managed to get a little further on Helen Bells Multiplication Table. I've been working on it a little by little every night.

6 comments:

Daniel Jinsub Lee said...

Hello! My weekend was okay. I actually don't remember what I did...
I always sing 팀의 사랑합니다. It's like a warm up song for me. It gets me prepared for the rest of the night, you know? Haha. Sometimes I sing 트로트 (trot). It's very exciting. Haha!
So, it's called boba there. Interesting. Yes, it's called bubble tea here in NY. I like bubble tea/boba! Milk tea is delicious!!! I think it's awesome that you're making that (or trying to. I'm sure it'll be good the next time you make it!).
You should definitely come out with a cookbook! I'll definitely check out your recipes. I try to cook here and there. I heard girls like guys who cook. Haha. I do everuthing by eye; I don't use measuing cups or anything. Sometimesit comes out good, but when it's bad, it's completely inedible. Haha.
By the way, Thai food is delicious. I've never heard of that dish you made though. I always order the same dish. I feel like Thai food is kind of "exotic." I don't want to be screwed when I get a weird dish. I usually get Pad Thai. Very delicious.

The weather here is cooler somewhat but that's only because it's going to rain. We'll see if it becomes humid or not.

That picture of your grill is a great shot! I think yiu're more creative than I am! Teach me! Haha.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Sue said...

My friend used to eat french fries off of one plate, and a chocolate sundae off a bowl right next to the fries. It's great to mix salty with sweet!

Love the multiplication table, too. It's really coming along well.

Your grill photo is beautiful, I agree with Daniel.

Take care.

Siobhán said...

Your stitching is wonderful! I love the salty/sweet combo. Thai food is a favorite here for my DH & I. That and Indian food. Yumm!

Daniel Jinsub Lee said...

Hello Grace!

Yes, I like K.Will's singing. I think he's extremely overrated. Have you heard him singing "Love is on the Way?" You should check it out on Youtube. You'll be amazed. No doubt about it.

I'll definitely try pad see ew the next time I go to a Thai restaurant. I'm sure it'll be good!

Yes, I keep hearing how girls like guys who cook. I guess it goes for the other way around, too. I like girls who cook. Even if they're not good, I like the effort they put into their cooking. I like seeing that. Haha.

Anyways, how have you been? I hope everything is going well.

It's already Thursday. Can you believe that? Time goes by too quickly. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I also love the salty/sweet combo - salted peanuts and m&m's together in one bowl - yum! Helen is looking great. You need to show us a pic of you with your new haircut. I'm sure you look darling!

Lelia said...

what a lovely project (multiplication table)

Looking forward to more progress pictures