Monday, September 14, 2009

:) My two weekends

Reading
Hello everyone and hello blog! I've started school so my posting will probably be sporadic. But I'll try my best to update. Let's see... school is tense as usual. I'm afraid that my mindset has not switched over from my breakmode. I find myself slipping away as I'm working on an assignment. Like right now, I'm supposed to be researching, brainstorming idea, reading and writing summaries, working on layouts for my book, making color mock ups for PDL, finishing up multiples, working on doll designs, learning a design program, and so much more! Basically working my butt off.. but here I am updating my blog. haha. I'm a bit overwhelmed, which is why I'm stepping a away from my work for a moment to breathe. And my blog allows me to breathe and have some fun! To think about the good times, the bad and everything in between!

So the weekend before I started school I was craving steamed crab! Actually, I've been craving it for so long, but it wasn't until then I got to have myself some crab. It was really good and of course, smelly. Liz, Edward and I had a crab feast!

Crab

Then in the evening I called over my beautiful ladies (Connie, Liz, Stella) and we had a one of those potluck-esque things. We had so much food! Stella brought naan bread hummus and wine, Connie brought vietnamese sandwiches and rolls, and Elizabeth and I hit up trader joes and got mochi icecream, creme brulee, dessert wine (Moscato), quiche and we made a baby spring salad with balsamic vinaigrette, hot dogs. We ate, we drank, we chatted, and... they left!

Dinner Party with my chicas

My parents were out and my friends were gone so I watched a scary movie with my brother and his friends. I forget the name of the movie.. it was like darkness falls or something like that. It was bleh.

That was Labor day weekend, this weekend (or last weekend) my brother threw a BBQ party for his friend, Eric because he's leaving for Nor cal soon. So I called over Liz and we decided to sneak in their party and just freeload off of their food.. but little did we know that we would turn into the semi-hostesses. We ended up in front of the grill alongside my brother! hah!

BBQ Party for Eric
Edward on the grill
BBQ party for Eric
Gulp, Chop, Nom Nom
BBQ Party for Eric
Paul and Jeff. Shhh~~ they are my (2/3) favorites amongst my bro's friends.

Later that evening, the eight of us went to karaoke! It was so much fun!
Karaoke-ing
Liz commented how Edward looked like he was a leader of a mafia with his arms out like that. hahaha
Karaoke-ing
They were trying to photograph us. We escaped many, but not this one. Apparently, I was too wild with the tambourine and I bruised my left index finger, it turned purplish brown.

1 comment:

Carin said...

You all had lots of fun, and the food looks delicious. That's how a weekend should be!

Lots of success with your school and homework ofcourse.