Monday, March 30, 2009

Umma's Birthday

It's my mom's birthday today! But she is stuck at work. I woke up extra early today so I could give her some special service. I drove my brother to school and I had breakfast with her. Last night my mom and I made miyuk gook together. (seafood soup) It's a tradition to eat mikyuk gook on your birthday in Korea.
And I wrote her a long card and hid it in her purse so she could be surprised at work. She just called me and said she found it, and she was choking back the tears. Oh, how I love my mom!!

My mom is an amazing person and individual. If I were to talk about all the things she does for our family I wouldn’t know where to begin or stop. She is a wonderful mother, wife, daughter and friend. I refer to her as “super mom”. I wonder how she does it, cooking, dishes, groceries, laundry, bills, all the while being a wife, mother, friend, and daughter herself. She’s always trying to give us the most she can, she doesn’t suffice with “that’s enough”.
I would say it’s because of her our family lives in harmony. She has taught me so much but most importantly, she taught us how to love and be loved. And I feel so fortunate to be her daughter, she’s the one person I can always count on, my confidant. She has been my number one support and always giving me the courage to pursue my goals. It is because of her nurturing my brother and I were able to stay on the right path. She always thanks us for being such a great kids, but we really owe it all to her. And anyone who crosses paths with her would be able to see what a beautiful soul she is.


I decided to make her some new earrings as a birthday present. I haven't made jewelry in a couple weeks so I had a lot of fun while making these pieces, especially since they are for my lovely mother.

They are made using Swarovski crystals, Swarovski pearls, Freshwater Pearls, and Sterling Silver Components.

These earrings are long and fancy and appropriate for formal events. I personally wouldn't mind them for myself, haha.


This particular earring is a mustard color and I thought it would be pretty for spring. And my mom loves the sparkles. The crystals are placed to be denser towards the bottom and it becomes sparse as it reaches the top.


This earring is simple but elegant. And what lovely light colors for the spring! I love the white coin shaped pearls.



Since she's working, the family went out to celebrate it last night. We went to Jan Galchi Sijang in Korea town. We got the full sashimi platter which came with an whole assortment of seafood. I took my dica to take pictures, but they came out rather blurry.


Happy Birthday Mommy.

I love you so much and I'm so thankful to be your daugther!

No comments: