Monday, April 27, 2009

Separation, maybe reconciliation.

I had to separate my hamsters because what began as playfights took a more serious turn and they turned out-right aggressive toward eachother. Several days ago I woke up to find blood spattered all over their bedding, and that's when I knew this was no play. I checked on both of them and I couldn't seem to find where they were wounded.
It's been 3 days since they have been separated by a screen door mesh I made straight down the center of the tank. I purposely made it out of the mesh so that they could still see and smell eachother in the hopes that they would be able to reconcile.
Well... I just went to check on them and I found a pleasant surprise. Mochi (the more energetic one) was no where to be found on her side of the tank. I was about to break out in a sweat when I looked at Pudding's half and found her cuddling next to Pudding. Now they are playing and running in and out of Pudding's toilet roll. Mochi must have climbed up the mesh and jumped over to Pudding's side of the tank. Mochi always loved to play with Pudding from the beginning, but I think she's a handful even to Pudding.

I am still going to keep a good eye on them, but I really hope they would get along. :]

mochi & pudding eating broccoli

2 comments:

Jan said...

Oh those hamsters are just way TOOOOO cute!!!!

Jennifer said...

aww.. i hope they can get along from now on. i had to break up a few puppy fights yesterday between Chomper and the neighbor's puppy. we are trying to get them to be friends (so their Rottweiler doesn't EAT Chomper when he's older..) fighting furballs = no fun!