Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oing! :O

I was happily stitching away...
I was on a streak...
and I knew I could finish it!

Little House Needleworks - The Sampler Lady

and then...
I ran out of floss!
I looked at the clock and it read 6:30 PM (it was a Sunday and Michaels closes at 7PM), I jumped in my car and drove like a mad woman to Michaels. Okay- maybe not a mad woman, but you get the point. I ran to the floss section, and they had everything, everything but the DMC 420. Hah. Then I started scanning the whole floss section to make sure it wasn't misplaced. Sigh. Just my luck.

6 comments:

Siobhán said...

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH! Don't you just hate it when that happens? It's like the stitching gods are against you. It looks great, though--and you'll get an extra happy dance when it's finished, for all the aggravation. ;)

Glenna said...

Oh, no! And it's so pretty!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Oh yeah! I HATE when that happens! She's looking very pretty, though!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

OH CRAP...that totally sucks doesn't it....totally. That's why I try to advert disasters like this and buy floss in multiples just in case...(or that's what I tell my husband - really I'm just a chronic over flosser!) :)

Andrea said...

Isn't that alwyas the way it goes. :)

Sachiko said...

Sometimes I wish I lived next to a quilt store or to Joann's for my convenience. That wouldn't be good for my wallet though...