Monday, July 27, 2009

Staying cool in the summer is easy peasy!

Juicy. Sweet. Refreshing!

Watermelon Hwa-Chae

What's better than winding down with a mouthful of watermelon on a hot summer day!
I've been hooked on making su-bak hwa-chae (수박화채) Basically the same idea as a fruit salad except using watermelon as the main.
For this one I used refrigerated watermelon, lychee, and peach, that way you can eat it right away and it'll be nice and cold!
1. Split the watermelon in half.
2.Cut the edges in a zig-zag, and scoop up the watermelon with a spoon (a melon scooper would be ideal, but I couldn't find one) Keep all the yummy juices.
3. Cut open fresh lychee, or open and drain a can of lychee
4. Slice a peach into 1/4" thickness, then press the peach with a cute cutter. (Stuff the leftovers in your mouth while singing merrily)
5. Toss the trio in the juices and voila! YUMMMMMY!


Watermelon Hwa-Chae
I think I'm gonna go make myself one right now! Ciao.
How do you stay cool in the summer?

2 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Mmmmmmm.... that looks delicious and I love lychee and watermelon. If only I had those things ready but I'll get it and make it this weekend!

Daniel Jinsub Lee said...

I'm going to try making this. Thanks for sharing!
I'm guessing the weather in California is nice and hot!
The weather here in NY is humid and disgusting!

I never knew you had Blogger. I'll definitely check back here again for your posts!

Take care!