Thursday, September 3, 2009

Shopping finds.

A couple days ago I went shopping! I will share with you my finds!
I've already told you how I have a new fascination for nail polish right? Well... when I start liking something I want more of it so I stocked up on some colors I've been wanting.

mini OPI haul
From left to right (dark room, ocean love potion, and russian navy in matte)
I love the matte look. It's true that it doesn't last nearly as long as the other polishes, but the nail polish dries almost instantly as it gets layed on. It's truly amazing.

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion
So yes I gave in to the hype of the Urban Decays Primer Potion and got one to try out for myself. I don't gunk on makeup but I do like to wear eyeshadow every once in a while when it's a special occasion or when my spirits need some uplifting. And I hate it how it just sweats off, or the colors turn murky, etc. Well I hear that this is the cure to all of that and more. It's supposed to keep your eye shadow lasting all day long with no creasing, and the color stays more vibrant. Sounds pretty amazing, no?

Cute Japanese loofah
I couldn't pass up this japanese loofah. It's just too cute. I thought it was a pig until I brought it home. Is it a pink rabbit? dog? I don't know, but isn't it cute? It's so cute I don't want to use it.
Remember that you need to throw out your loofahs once every couple months, because it's a great place for bacteria build up. Also you should air it and let it dry, opposed to leaving them inside the shower. And wash them out pretty often. Or opt for a dry rub instead, before stepping into the shower/bath.

Also, I have been stitching on this little piece.
blackwork cross stitch
I really love the way it looks. This photo really does it no justice. I believe it's my first time attempting blackwork and I am loving the results. This lovely pattern can be found in Mary Hickmott's New Stitches Monthly Issue Ten.

4 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Hmmm.... I'm going to have to try some of that matte polish ~ love the colors. Your blackwork is looking awesome - I love the circles with the x's in the leaves. Really pretty!

Daniel Jinsub Lee said...

Hello again!
So, I see that you got yourself some stuff from Sephora!
I don't know much about make up. It's too much! Have you seen those make up videos on Youtube? Gosh, there are at least 1000 channels devoted to make up. I actually watch some of those videos out of curiosity, and wow, so much to do!

That's a nice loofah! I would've actually gotten one myself, too. I should actually purchase a new one. I didn't know that you had to purchase a new one every couple of months. I think I've been using mine for over 8 months! I know; that's disgusting. But it looks good as new! Haha. Yeah, I should probably buy a new one.

That's some nice stitching! Impressive! It's so simple, yet so...sophisticated. Haha. It looks really nice though. Good job.

So, you like Mexican food? Mexican food here it okay. I'm not too sure because I haven't eaten it anywhere else. I don't a place to compare it to. It's okay though. I don't eat it much.
Well, Korean food is number one. I can't live without Korean food. Number two is well, Korean food. I like Japanese food, but Japanese food is relatively more expensive than Korean food, so I usually opt for Korean food if I have the choice. But yeah, I can't stand American food with those greasy burgers and all of that crap. I'll eat it once in a while, but after a couple of days of that, I get sick.
I prefer Korean food. Haha.

Today I went to fill out some paperwork for my firm. There were so many things to read, fill out, and sign. I think the batch of paperwork was probably four to six inches thick. It was like a textbook I had to go through. It's all these rules and regulations that I had to read and sign, so the SEC knows that I know the consequences of doing the wrong thing.
I also had to get fingerprinted. My fingerprints get sent to the FBI to make sure that I didn't commit and felonies. Stuff like that. Fingerprinting is not fun. It's so dirty! Haha

Anyways, it was pretty hectic today, but I'm glad it all went well. I just need to take my exam, which will be probably sometime next week. I should probably be more serious in my studying.
I graduated, and I'm still studying. Studying - it never stops. Haha.

Well, I hope you enjoy your weekend. I can't believe it's already Friday. I'm totally losing track of time. Haha.

Take care!

Carin said...

You did a great job with your shopping! It's good to do that for yourself.

Your blackwork is gorgeous. I never tried it. Maybe I should? So awesome.

Have a very nice weekend!

Siobhán said...

Beautiful stitching!

Sephora... I love that place.